Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Lenten Season...

So, as most of us know Mardi Gras came to an end, and Ash Wednesday was this past Wednesday.  I hope yall had a great holiday and enjoyed time with your families. :) Ash Wednesday is a big part of my religion it is the beginning of the Lenten Season.  As Catholics we either give something up that we really enjoy or we do something to better ourselves.  Just making a sacrifice and showing God that we can control ourselves is such a wonderful feeling.  Well, I gave up caffeine, but only in sodas not chocolate...lol.  This is going to be a long 40 days, but I know I can do it.  As I have mentioned before, I believe, I am the middle school youth leader at my church, and today we had a youth rally at LSUS.  It was amazing and we had an awesome speaker who played in a christian band it was just absolutely amazing, I hope my kids received as much as I did from today. Needless, to say today has been a long day had to be there from 8-5 then work from 5-10 I'm exhausted.  Hope everyone has a great week! Until next time... :) 

2 comments:

  1. During Lent, I try to avoid being too unkind! I don't know if I'm successful, but I try anyway!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up cigarettes last Tuesday. I guess they were something I thought I enjoyed, but after reading a book about it (weird, I know) I changed my perspective and was able to quit. So, while I didn't do it to please God, I guess I'm still giving up something for lent, and hopefully for life. I haven't had one since that Tuesday, which is the best I've done in over 5 years, after smoking a pack a day for the last four. Good luck giving up caffeine!

    ReplyDelete