Saturday, February 19, 2011

*Never make someone your priority if they allow you to be their option.*

Do you ever wonder why people allow themselves to be a priority for a significant other, job, etc?? This is one of my most favorite quotes out there because every word is so true about it.  This should be a quote that we as people live by.  I know several people, including myself that will allow myself be in option for someone, but I look at them as a priority.  Is this always bad? No, but people can seriously take advantage of you for doing this.  We should not always give in to people on what they say or do.  This is something that just has been on my mind lately and I figured I should say what I have to say about it and this is the perfect place to say it! :)

3 comments:

  1. I have learned this lesson the hard way. When I start something I give it my all and majority of the time I do not get back what I give. This is not the case in all cases. I have been with my husband for 14 years now. I have given my all to him and my children, but back in September I realized, when we separated that I was not getting what I was putting in. We worked through our issues and are now back together, but I have realized that I need to put myself first and take care of me. I do not always have to stop what I am doing just because the kids or him need something.
    I also have this issue with work. I for some reason can not tell my boss no. Anything that I am asked to do at work I do it. In the past month or so, I have realized that when I need something that no one is around to help me out. With this said, I really do not say no still, but I have learned to ignore the phone calls and work around not having to answer questions. It sounds bad, but I would not do anything that would jeopardize my job or any of my coworkers.
    I thank you for bringing this subject up, because people are taken advantage of daily and some like me do not realize that it is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffered from this exact problem, here is my take on it. It seems that there are two types of people; givers and takers. Generally, those inclined to take drain those inclined to give. The takers will drain you emotionally, physically and every way you let them. You have to be who you are and always lend a helping hand but you by no means need to let anyone use and abuse you. It is a very difficult skill to master, but I guess we have the rest of our lives to figure it out?

    ReplyDelete