Saturday, February 5, 2011
A New House, A New Year
This past week I moved into a new house. I am super excited I live with two very great girls and we are all very excited to begin this new chapter living together...hope we don't kill each other. Other, than being a busy bee I am busy putting our house together, school, work, and work again (if you did not know I have about three jobs and go to school). My friends think I am super women or something. I am always on the go. But it is ok I enjoy working hard and being an independent young women. Well, Thursday comes along I am sitting at work and we get news that schools are closed for the arklatex because of the snow heading our way. Well, one of my jobs is being a nanny I live in Bossier and the family I work for lives in Shreveport. Automatically when I woke up on Friday morning I was kind of freaking out because I have never driven in any kind of weather like this, and did not know if I was going to make it to Shreveport luckily they text messaged me and said they did not want me to drive and just to stay home. So, it was a great start to my Friday morning. Got to lounge around the house all day we made hot chocolate, queso, quesidilias, and watched movies. This weekend the family that I work for, were on call so I had to be over there at around 8 am this morning. The snow was starting to melt from last night and had frozen over the night and into the morning. My driveway was a solid sheet of ice. When I got onto the roads they were fine until I hit Shreveport they were still ok. Until, I go a back way to take my roommate to her car and I hit a patch of ice. It all happened in slow motion, but I was sliding all over the road hit a mailbox before coming to rest about two feet away from hitting a tree. Do not worry we were fine and very lucky. I call my dad and he comes to the rescue. My roommate, step mom and dad lift my car up while I put it in reverse and they get me unstuck. Then all of a sudden we see another car coming over the hill losing control heading straight towards my car. My dad runs glides to stop the other car from hitting mine. What a hero I have for a dad. Needless to say it was a great start to my Saturday morning......NOT! Thank goodness for daddy's!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Three girls in one house, I can only imagine what it is like in the morning trying to get ready for school/work!!
ReplyDeleteThree women in a house is nothing, especially if the house has more than one bathroom. I grew up with nine (9) brothers and sisters and ONE (1) bathroom. Now, that's a challenge!
ReplyDeleteK. Smith
Eng. 226